You know what Brotellectuals do? Cook like badasses. Impress someone with your ability to make non-colon-destroying Indian food. This recipe for Killer Chicken Korma feeds about 2-3 people and takes around 30 min. Stop being a lazy fool and cook some good food.
Here’s what you need:
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
2 large onions(white or yellow) chopped
6 tablespoons plain yogurt
2 tablespoons mango chutney – check the international foods aisle
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
2 teaspoons garam masala – again, international foods aisle or a local Halal market
2 teaspoons salt
1lb boneless skinless chicken breast halves, chopped
1/3 cup sliced cashews (if you want, you can soak them in water anywhere from 30 min to 24 hours before using, not nessecary though, they’re optional anyway)
Here are the super easy steps, except for the onions destroying your eyes part.
1. Chop the onions into fairly small pieces (maybe 1/2 inch)
2. Put heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet, add onions when hot
– cook until the onions brown and make your kitchen all smell-nicey
3. While the onions cook – in a blender or food processior (or bowl if you want to go old school) add:
– mango chutney
– chili powder
– garam masala
4. Add the onions to the blender when they’re ready, mix it all up.
– you should now have a very tasty sauce.
5. Put the sauce back in the skillet and add the CHICKEN and CASHEWS (if you’re doing CASHEWS).
6. Cover the skillet, let the chicken simmer in the sauce somewhere between 12-20 min depending on the size of your chicken chunks.
– for this step just check the chicken every once in a while.
7. Serve with rice and warm Naan bread. High five or chest bump everyone around you.
Eat like a king, look like a pro. For bonus international points bust out something you read in the Economist during dinner conversation.